Although this trip had its bumps (big & small), we had some really great moments along the way. Here are the highlights of the trip in no particular order.
- Enjoying lunch at Koa’s in Lahaina. We love that place so much that we ate there twice. They have got some of the best food I’ve ever had, especially the pancakes!
- Kayaking on the ocean at the Kahala Resort on Oahu.
- Visiting Mike & Kathy Carroll on Lanai. Although our Lanai trip did not go as planned, we had a great time catching up with these two wonderful people. If you get a chance, I encourage you to visit Mike’s gallery in person or online. He is a very gifted artist.
- I never thought I’d say I enjoyed a flight, especially one on a prop plane. The views were incredible. I only thought I was going to die once, so I’ll take it.
- I didn’t get to spend much time on the beach due to the crazy amount of rain. The few times I did were fantastic, and I just can’t say enough about the beauty of Hawaii.
- We did get a couples massage, and it was very relaxing. It’s one of my favorite splurges on vacation.
- Fulfilling my grandfather’s wish of spreading his ashes on Maui. It meant a lot to me that he asked me to do this along with Ryan and Nana.
- I tried Macadamia Nut Gelato for the first time, yummy!
- We enjoyed a luau on Oahu as a belated birthday dinner. The view was amazing, and who doesn’t like a buffet?
- We actually did quite a bit of shopping this time because of the weather. We got some really cool pieces for the house that I will showcase at a later date. I also got a beautiful dress thanks to my in-laws.